Big district… Big success. As the eighth largest district in Texas, you might not expect the Arlington Independent School District to perform as well as it does. But the Arlington ISD does just fine, thank you. A district as large as AISD sees students of all economic and social background extremes. Teachers, administration and staff keep providing opportunities and producing outstanding performances from all their kids. And they do it spending less than 2% on central administration, compared to the state average of 3.5%.
From the International Baccalaureate Programme to dual credit, AISD earns an A+
- The AISD offers the International Baccalaureate World School Programme at its high schools. Through the districts AP program kids have the opportunity to graduate with 24 or more college credits. That’s equal to one full year of college! Oh, and 12% of the AISD’s students are enrolled in the Gifted and Talented program. They don’t let them fall through the cracks.
- Dual-credit courses through Tarrant County College became available in each high school in 2007. And parent’s, you’re going to LOVE this… The district covers tuition costs and books for students who take advantage of the dual credit program. This is a 1st of its kind program for the area.
- Twenty-three percent of the kids in the AISD high schools are enrolled in the Career and Technical Education programs. AISD and TCU have teamed up so that qualified kids coming out of the nursing trac are now guaranteed admission status to TCU and Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- The AISD’s award winning special education program has received many accolades from parents I’ve met, not only for developmental life skills success but academic achievement as well. And I think every time I’ve heard about the program from a parent, they also offer up rave reviews for the care and love shown by the teachers.
- For six straight years the AISD’s fine arts program has helped Arlington become one of the ”Best Communities for Music Education”, while Martin High School (or the ”University of Martin” as it’s fondly called due to its size) has been named as the GRAMMY Foundation’s National GRAMMY Signature School.
These are just a few of the great things happening in the Arlington Independent School District. You can give me a call or stop in and tour one of their schools for more information. I’m sure they’d be happy to show you around and share their success.
See all Homes for Sale in the Arlington School District
1 - 10 of 500+.
Show search filters.
See more Arlington School District Real Estate and Homes for Sale.
(all data current as of 5/21/2013)
$114,900 : 800 Netherland Drive, Arlington3 beds, 2 full baths
$110,000 : 2304 Lavon Creek Lane, Arlington3 beds, 2 full baths
$29,900 : 1413 Raines Street, Arlington2 beds, 1 full bath
$275,000 : 1305 Crowley Road, Arlington5 beds, 4 full baths
$239,900 : 804 Live Oak Lane, Arlington3 beds, 3 full baths
$98,300 : 1404 Endicott Drive, Arlington4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$124,900 : 6600 Greenspring Drive, Arlington3 beds, 2 full baths
$139,850 : 5731 Autumn Wheat Trail, Arlington3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$120,000 : 1311 Lovell Drive, Arlington3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$195,000 : 4518 Normandy Way, Grand Prairie4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.